It might so happen that your body is unable to transport the essential sugar from your blood to the cells. You need to understand that, when this happens, the blood sugar levels increase in your body, which when left unchecked can consequently lead to Diabetes.Today, the lifestyle adopted by most of the people, which includes heavy consumption of fast food and carbohydrates, is a big reason for Sugar and later Diabetes, which even affects your heart. So, the crying need of the hour is that you start following some guidelines and live your life systematically to prevent sugar. If you’re already a patient of high sugar, then this is how to control your blood sugar now:
INCREASE INTAKE OF CERTAIN FOODS:
There are a plethora of essential foods that should be consumed in order to keep a tab over sugar. Some of the most crucial ones are mentioned below. The perk is that you can easily have access to them and improve your eating habits.
- Tulsi leaves– packed with antioxidants and essential oils
- Flax seeds– contains high fiber and great for digestion.
- Cinnamon( Dalchini)- Improves insulin sensitivity and lowers blood sugar levels
- Bitter Gourd– mimics the insulin produced by the human pancreas and reduces sugar levels in the body.
- Neem– improves blood circulation and reduces one’s independence on medicinal drugs.
- Green tea– strong antioxidant and helps the body to use insulin better
- Fish with Omega 3– it is protein and relying on it increases satiety and also contributes in maintaining blood sugar levels.
- Garlic– it lowers fasting blood glucose and doesn’t have carbohydrates.
- Chia seeds– high in fiber, omega 3, calcium, antioxidants, and healthy fats.
- Whole grain– having higher amounts of fiber and nutrients, it helps to regulate blood sugar.
- Coffee– A study suggests that increasing your coffee intake by one cup a day might lower the risk of type 2 diabetes by more than 10 percent
image source: Doctor Nutrition image source: Style craze
image source: Doctor-Beller
2. KEEP YOURSELF HYDRATED:
Liquids are mandatory for sugar patients. Perhaps water is the best. being hydrated reduces your blood sugar and prevents diabetes automatically. Well, choosing drinks to prevent diabetes isn’t really simple. So, below is the most demanded list which would guide you through.
BEST DRINKS FOR YOU WORST DRINKS FOR YOU
1. WATER– 8-ounce glasses for women and 10 for men 1. COFFEE– not worst, if sugar kept under checking
2. MILK– 2-3 daily servings, low-fat or fat-free milk 2. DIET COLA– reduces your ability to absorb insulin
3. TEA– 4-5 cups per day, preferred- green and black 3. SUGARY DRINKS- leads to weight gain
4. SODA– increases blood sugar
5. FRUIT JUICE– just 4-ounce serving recommended
image source: Well being secrets image source: mirror
3. START IMPLEMENTING PORTION CONTROL:
Well, portion control implies consumption of foods in small portions. This method keeps your weight in check and regulates your carb and calorie intake. Monitoring your serving sizes reduces subsequent blood sugar spikes and prevents type 2 diabetes.
image source: the Lilith diaries
4. CONSUME FOODS WITH LOW GLYCEMIC INDEX:
Many foods are infamous for containing carbs and glycemic index was developed to assess our body’s response to such foods. Eating low index glycemic foods reduces the long term blood sugar levels. Foods with a low glycemic index include meat, seafood, and eggs for non-vegetarians, and oats, beans, barley, lentils, sweet potatoes, legumes, corn, most fruits and various non-starchy vegetables for pure vegetarians.
image source: Shoprite image source: lentils- Wikipedia
5. MAKE A HABIT OF QUALITY SLEEP:
It’s very important that you maintain your sleep and balance it with your work life. Poor sleep habits can increase your appetite and promote weight gain. As a result, it affects the blood sugar levels and insulin sensitivity.
Also, sleep deprivation increases cortisol levels and decreases the release of growth hormones, which play a very important role in the regulation of blood sugar. Sufficient sleep for an adult is recommended to be 7-8 hours.
image source: HuffPost
6. CONTROL YOUR STRESS:
It’s mandatory to control stress level if you’re a sugar patient. It has been witnessed that increase in stress levels would increase the blood sugar in your body and can quickly lead to diabetes. So, whenever in stress, just practice meditation or yoga to control your restless senses.
image source: American psychological association
7. TRY ON APPLE CIDER VINEGAR:
This kind of vinegar has amazing health benefits and as per researchers, it influences your body’s response to sugar and improves insulin sensitivity. Also, it promotes lower fasting sugar levels. thus it should be consumed.
You can use it as a salad dressing or mix 4 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a big glass of water and drink in empty stomach. It is sure to work magic wonders on your health.
image source: Healthline
8. INVOLVE EXERCISE IN YOUR DAILY SCHEDULE:
Well, this is the last but most important guideline to reduce blood sugar levels in your body. make sure that you exercise regularly. Obesity is your worst enemy if you are a sugar patient. It destroys your metabolism slowly and harms your body incessantly. If you’re really busy, it’s okay. At least exercise for 15 minutes in a day, be it any form.
image source: Shutterstock
These remedies are very crucial for a sugar patient. If these are followed diligently, then you can conquer the devil in your healthy life without a fuss.