Ever thought what the richest of the rich in India own? With their net worth in billions, these men live a lavish and sometimes surprising life that most of us can’t even imagine.
Let’s take a look at the top 5 richest men in India in the year 2017, mind-blowing things they own and the lives they live :
Probably the most famous business magnate in India, Mukesh Dhirubhai Ambani features at the top of the list. He currently holds the largest share in Reliance Industries Limited (RIL), the second-most valuable company by market value.
- His net worth is around $ 23.2 billion. He is the 33rd richest person in the world.
- He owns a 27- storeyed house, Antilia valued at over $ 1 billion.
- Antilia houses over 600 staff members who help with the maintenance and has its own spa, salons, 3 swimming pools, private theatre, ballroom, dance studios and its very own three helipads.
- The first six stories of the building are dedicated to parking and can accommodate around 168 cars.
- His personal car collection worth almost 85 million includes the recently added Bentley Bantayga, Rolls Royce Phantom DropHead Coupe, BMW 760 Li, Maybach 62, Mercedes Benz S Guard, Aston Martin Rapide, Rolls Royce Phantom and a Bentley Flying Spur!
Azim Hashim Premji is the chairman of Wipro Limited. He is also informally known as the Czar of the Indian IT industry.
- He is currently worth $ 19.5 billion. TIME magazine has listed him twice among the 100 most influential persons in the world, once in 2004 and again in 2011.
- He owns multiple properties all over the country. He currently lives in a lavish $ 56.3 million luxury house in Bangalore.
- Surprisingly, he likes to use public transport.
- This extraordinary man surprisingly owns very ordinary cars. Ford Escort was his first car. Then he replaced it with a Toyota Sedan. And finally, when it was getting old, he bought a second-hand Mercedes E Class from one of his own employees!
This Indian industrialist and philanthropist is the chairman of HCL Corporation. He began his career as an engineer but soon gave up to begin his own venture, Microcomp. It finally led to the foundation of HCL.
- His net worth is $ 13.3 billion.
- He has residences both in Chennai and in Delhi. He had bought a bungalow worth $18.4 million in East Delhi in the year 2014.
- His house has an art museum with the likes of M.F. Hussain’s famous works displayed there. In fact, Nadar and his wife, Kiran came up with India’s first private museum of art – the Kiran Nadar Museum of Art with facilities in Saket in New Delhi and Noida.
- Although not much is known about his car collection, he does own a shiny Rolls Royce Phantom.
- He was awarded the Padma Bhushan in 2008.
Kumar Mangalam Birla is the chairman of Aditya Birla Group. When he had to take over the company after his father’s sudden death, many had doubts about his ability to run the business. However, he fought all odds and not only helped increase profits but also expanded it!
- His net worth stands at $11.2 billion.
- He owns a $68 million Jatia House in Mumbai which was previously owned by the sons of an industrialist, M.P. Jatia.
- The house sprawls over an area of 2926 square-meter. It has Burma Teak wood interiors, numerous gardens and also offers a sea view.
- His cars that include a BMW 760 Li and many others of brands Audi, Ford, Mercedes Benz and Rolls Royce.
- In addition, he also owns two private jets, one a Cessna Citation and the other a Gulf Stream (G100).
Founder of Sun Pharmaceuticals, the largest drug company in India, Dilip Shanghvi had humble beginnings. He worked as a drug distributor in Kolkata with his father until he decided to save enough money. Then, he ventured on his own drug manufacturing company that today, has made him the second richest man in the country.
- His net worth stands at $ 10.9 billion.
- On 19th February 2015, he became the first Indian to replace Ambani as the richest Indian.
- He owns a house in Surat as well as Mumbai. Although his Mumbai house is a modest one, his Surat dwelling is quite palatial.
- He owns a variety of cars. Rolls Royce Ghost (6crores), Bentley Mulsanne (5crores), Audi A8 (1.5 crores), Mercedes Benz GL class (1crore), and BMW X5 (1crore) adorn his private collection.
- The Government of India, in 2016, conferred him with the prestigious Padma Shri award.