Make-up and cosmetics have become quite a requisite part of girl’s life. Gone are the days when makeup was a luxurious habit and was practiced only on occasions. Today, it’s nearly impossible that we step out of our houses without a face or eye makeup. Be it work, college or some hangout. females make sure to apply the basics to enhance their looks.
A dash of eyeliner or a stroke of mascara; a pink blush for glow or a lipstick for that luscious pout; these prelims have a great contribution to our confidence, which can’t be denied. But more often, we girls tend to forget how crucial it is to take care of our skin after applying makeup.
So, if you are one of them, who is quite care conscious, yet lethargic at times, then make sure that before you hit the bed, you don’t forget the 5 basic skin care rules:
1. CLEAN YOUR SKIN:
Firstly, gently spread baby oil or a makeup remover all over your face and neck. Make sure to dab them on your eye make-up too. Then, wet a cotton sponge or a makeup eraser and smoothly glide it through your face to remove all the dirt and pigmentation from your cosmetics. This is an essential step as it opens all the pores and lets them breathe. If the pores don’t open, then the next steps wouldn’t benefit your skin.
- Baby oil is the best form of make remover as it is pure and chemical free.
- Don’t use a tissue to rub your skin as it might be very harsh for your skin.
- Rub the cotton properly on your lips to make sure that no lip color remains to dry up the sensitive skin.
- Clean your eyes carefully to remove all the eye-makeup and any kind of glue, if used to stick false eyelashes.
2. SPLASH SOME WATER:
Next, splash some water on your face and neck and apply a gentle face wash that suits your skin type. Rub it carefully on the areas prone to a pimple and the areas where even slightest makeup remains. After massaging well for 2 minutes, wash your face again with cold water. Then dab it clean with a soft towel.
This step is very important as it helps to get rid of excess oil, impurities, and leftover makeup. Thus it makes you feel fresh and your soft skin rejuvenated. Washing and cleaning your skin thoroughly is very significant to maintain hygiene. This would definitely prevent breakouts and reduce your acne problems as well.
- Try to use medicated face wash. As these are very gentle on your skin and free of harsh chemicals.
- Make sure that you have a towel especially for your face, and wash it regularly.
3. GRAB A SKIN TONER:
This step is very influential as it efficiently evens out our skin tone, closes the unnecessary pores, eradicates any kind of blemishes and pigmentation and also delays the appearance of wrinkles and aging of the skin. So, just dab some toner into a piece of cotton and dab it all over your clean face. No part of the neck and face should be left.
- Use natural skin toners like rose water, cucumber juice, tea tree oil, etc.
- Let it dry before moving on to applying something else
4. SPECIAL TOUCH-UP:
There are some special products that need to be applied to clean and dry skin for most effective results. For example Topical acne medications, eye cream, ointments to remove scars, etc. So, before you moisturize your face and neck, just apply the products to the special care of your skin care and let it dry for few minutes
- If you are not a user of eye creams, then make sure you use one as they lighten the dark circles and soften the sensitive area around your eyes that need special care.
- Alternatively, you can also use almond oil which does the same for your eyes and even maintains the softness and lightens the color of your lips, if used regularly.
5.MOISTURIZE THE SKIN:
The last step is another mandatory one, a girl needs to make sure to moisturize her skin with face creams before hitting the bed even if she hasn’t used make-up all day. The sensitive skin of our face tends to dry up easily due to use of make-up or even the pollution surrounding us. So to retain the moisture of your skin and provide it with hydration, one should apply a good and gentle face cream that suits her skin type.
- Nivea, Ponds, Oriflame, Dove and Himalaya are the brands whose products soften your skin and provide quick hydration for glow.
- You can even use baby creams, for example, Jhonson Baby cream which takes care of your skin like a baby and is thus one of the essentials.
- If your budget is a little more, then you can also invest in day creams and night creams which take special care of your skin.
SOME SKIN-CARE HACKS-
- Coconut oil is the best natural remedy for your skin. even if you quit using all kind of creams, coconut oil alone can cure all the acne, blemishes, moisturize your skin and provide it with hydration, though it might take quite a long time.
- Make sure to scrub your face at least once and at most two times a week.
- Make sure to apply face packs that suit your skin, at least 3 times a week. you might focus on acne, glow, skin tightening, etc. separately or together regularly.
- Coconut oil and Almond oil are amazing substitutes for lip balms. but make sure to use them at night as they don’t provide us with SPF.
- Remember to use sunscreen with at least SPF 30 and Lip balms with at least SPF 15 during the daytime.
- Sunscreens work effectively only when applied 30 minutes before you step out in the sun.
- Vaseline should not be used before stepping out in the sun or under the sun, as it causes our skin to tan. Lips might be tanned as well.
Thus, if you follow the above-mentioned skin care routine regularly, your skin would stay young, healthy and glowing to add sparkle to your social and work life.